SAN ANTONIO – The Lone Star Fugitive Taskforce has arrested a man in connection with a gang-related triple shooting that occurred earlier this month.
John Escobedo, 25, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in connection with a shooting at Miller's Pond Park on April 10.
Police said two gangs met at the park to brawl when gunfire broke out.
One of the wounded men was dropped off at a fire station and the two others made it to a Whataburger on Marbach Road.
All three men were taken to University Hospital, but one suffered serious injuries, police said.
Earlier this month, police released a photo of Escobedo obtained from witnesses' video of the fight. KSAT and other news outlets aired the photo and shortly after, police received an "overwhelming" number of calls identifying Escobedo as the gunman, according to an affidavit.
Callers told authorities Escobedo deleted his Facebook page immediately after the photo was released.
The detective assigned to the case called Escobedo on April 20 and said Escobedo's reaction "was not one of surprise," instead, the detective described Escobedo as calm. He said Escobedo told him he'd call him after he walked out of his place of employment.
But, by April 24, Escobedo hadn't returned the detective's call, the affidavit said.
Escobedo was arrested Friday.