SAN ANTONIO – If you’re looking for last-minute items on Thanksgiving Day you’re going to have to be selective about where you shop.
Many major retailers will close for the holiday while several big retail stores in the San Antonio area will remain open.
In years past, places like Target and Walmart remained open during the November holiday but in 2020 during the coronavirus pandemic, these retailers chose to give their employees some much-needed time off.
That tradition has continued as many stores decide to remain closed on Nov. 25 and reopen on Nov. 26 for Black Friday shoppers.
Stores that are open on Thanksgiving might have altered hours so be sure to check their websites for more information.
Here are the stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Barnes and Noble
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Best Buy
- Hobby Lobby
- Home Depot
- Home Goods
- Sam’s Club
- TJ Maxx
- Trader Joe’s
Here are the stores that will be open on Thanksgiving:
- Bass Pro Shops - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Big Lots - 7 a.m. to midnight
- CVS - Varies by location.
- Dollar General - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- H-E-B - 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. but pharmacies will be closed.
- Michaels- 6-10 p.m.
- Starbucks - Varies by location.
- Walgreens - Regular hours -varies by location.
- Whole Foods - 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.