H-E-B is celebrating the authentic flavors and recipes of Mexico and Tex Mex cuisine and invites you to explore delicioso in your cocina, Sept. 11‑24 at your neighborhood H‑E‑B store.
- 8 Oz Mahi Mahi Taco Chunks, thawed
- 1 Tbsp Mi Tienda All Purpose Seasoning
- 14 1/2 Oz refried charro beans
- 4 Mi Tienda Rojas Red Corn Tostadas
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup(s) H‑E‑B Fresh Mild Pico de Gallo
- 1 medium avocado, medium diced
- 1/4 cup(s) H‑E‑B Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 medium lime, quartered
1. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high. Spray non-stick spray on Mahi Mahi and sprinkle with seasoning. Set aside.
2. In a small pan, warm refried beans over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Lay fish chunks on the grill and cook 2 minutes per side (add 30 seconds a side for very thick pieces).
4. While fish cooks, place tostadas on the grill for 10 to 15 seconds per side until warmed and slightly charred.
5. To assemble, spread 2 tablespoons of refried beans on each tostada. Add shredded lettuce and top with 3 to 4 pieces of fish.
6. Garnish with pico de Gallo, diced avocado, queso fresco, and a squeeze of lime.
[Related: How to grill vegetables and fruits from Chef Scott, Recipe: Garlicky butternut squash and ground turkey, Recipe: 20-minute air fryer green chili chicken bake, Jalapeño dog with crispy BBQ onions}
Pair tostadas with one of H-E-B’s favorites, Rancho La Gloria Reserva Margarita Wine Cocktail which is now available in Paloma and Pineapple Jalapeno flavors.
Get nutritional information from the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here.