Spurs assign Tre Jones to Austin Spurs after 9 games this season

Austin starts training camp in Orlando on Sunday

HOUSTON, TEXAS - DECEMBER 17: Tre Jones #33 of the San Antonio Spurs controls the ball during the fourth quarter of a game against the Houston Rockets at the Toyota Center on December 17, 2020 in Houston, Texas. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images) (Carmen Mandato, 2020 Getty Images)

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs announced on Sunday that they have assigned Tre Jones, guard, to the Austin Spurs after nine games with the team this season.

Tre will join Austin in Orlando as the team tips off the G League season at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.

In nine games, Tre averaged 2.0 points in 3.0 minutes. The Spurs selected him in the second round of the 2020 NBA Draft — 41st overall.

The Austin Spurs start training camp in Orlando on Sunday before opening the season at 10:30 a.m., Feb. 10 against the Memphis Hustle.

Related: Morant, Grizzlies beat Spurs 129-112 for 6th straight win

About the Author: