It’s been a topsy-turvy week of weather across South Central Texas! More changes are on the way as a strong cold front is moving through the area Friday morning. Behind this front, there will be a widespread, late-season freeze by Saturday morning.
Here’s what you need to know:
FRIDAY AFTERNOON & FRIDAY NIGHT
- A strong cold front moved through South Central Texas Friday morning
- Behind the front, temperatures have dropped into the 40s and that’s where they’ll stay through the afternoon
- Skies will clear from west to east during the afternoon, with clear skies across the area by late tonight
- Winds will gust from the north up to 40-45 mph through Friday night, making it feel like it’s in the 20s & 30s
- A late-season freeze will occur Friday night/Saturday morning for the entire KSAT viewing area
- Another freeze is possible Saturday night/Sunday morning for at least a portion of the area
WARMING UP NEXT WEEK
- Without another strong front in the forecast next week, temperatures will be much more seasonable and even-keeled
You can keep up with your local weather forecast by downloading the KSAT Weather Authority App for Apple or Android. 📱 Be sure to allow notifications for updates, including livestreams from KSAT meteorologists.