HAYS COUNTY, Texas – Hays County authorities have identified another victim who died during severe flooding over the Memorial Day weekend.
The body of William Randall Charba, 42, was found Saturday, June 6, in debris near the Blanco River.
According to a press release, Charba's body was found by a search team near Bluffview Drive in the Wimberley area.
William Randall Charba is the ninth victim in Hays County to be identified.
Charba's 6-year-old son, William, remains on the missing list while the body of Michelle Marie Carey-Charba, 43, was found on May 25.
The Charba family was spending the weekend in Wimberley with friends and family when their vacation home was swept away by raging floodwaters.
Recovery teams continue to search along the Blanco River from Wimberley in Hays County to Martindale in Caldwell County.
The Charba family issued the following statement Tuesday afternoon:
"We met with Hays County authorities and were informed that the body recovered on Saturday was that of our beloved son and brother, Randy Charba. While we as a family have only begun our grieving for Randy, we ask everyone to continue to support our efforts in finding the last two children who have yet to be found: Randy and Michelle's son, Will Charba and Leighton McComb. We ask that you help honor the lives of Randy, Michelle and Will Charba by committing to help in our search efforts at wimberleytxrescue.com. We continue to be strengthened by the outpouring of support from so many during this incredibly painful time."
Below is a list of flood victims identified as of Monday, June 8, 2015:
- William Randall Charba, age 42, found near Bluffview Drive near Wimberley
- Dayton Larry Thomas, age 74, found in northern San Marcos May 24
- Michelle Marie Carey-Charba, age 43, found May 25 in Caldwell County
- Jose Alvaro Arteaga-Pichardo, age 29, found in the area of Loop 165 in Wimberley May 26
- Jonathan Andrew McComb, age 6, found May 27 near Water Park Road and RR 3237 in Wimberley
- Ralph Hugh Carey, White Male, age 73, found May 28 near Fox Road northwest of San Marcos
- Sue McNeil Carey, White Female, age 71, found May 30 at Lime Kiln and Water Tower Roads in San Marcos
- Laura Schultz McComb, White Female, age 34, found May 30 near the Blanco River near the 700 Block of Bluffview Road in Wimberley
- Kenneth Reissig, White Male, age 81, age 81, found May 28 near the Blanco River at Narrows Road, near the Blanco/Hays County line.
List of Missing:
- William Charba, White Male, age 6 (DOB: 01/29/09) last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley
- Leighton McComb, White Female, age 4 (DOB: 07/23/10) last seen at 100 Deer Crossing, Wimberley