SAN ANTONIO – A north San Antonio Mexican restaurant received a failing health score late last month after a city inspector saw an employee use the same cloth to wipe their hands and food preparation surfaces, according to a Metro Health inspection report.
La Comarca Mexican Restaurant, located in the 5100 block of West Avenue, received a 64 after accruing other health code violations that included food debris on dry-bulk containers and prepared food that was stored on the floor without a proper cover.
Las Minas, located in the 3800 block of Blanco Rd., received a failing score of 69 late last month after being cited for having leaky faucets in one of its restrooms.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- Pila’s Molino, 519 W. Old Hwy. 90, 100
- Rios Barbacoa, 8601 Huebner Rd., 100
- Taco Bell, 9300 Wurzbach Rd., 100
- Wetzel's Pretzels, 15900 La Cantera Pkwy., 100
- Lucy's Cafe, 2517 West Ave., 99
- Olive Garden, 7811 IH 35 South, 99
- El Burrito Tapatio, 3008 West Ave., 98
- Ruben's Homemade Tamales, 1807 Rigsby Ave., 98
- Sonic, 10885 Culebra Rd., 98
- Tony's Tacos To Go, 1503 Nogalitos St., 97
- Bill Miller Bar-B-Q, 3514 S. Zarzamora St., 95
- Hung Fong Restaurant, 3624 Broadway, 95
- Petroleum Club of SA, 8620 N. New Braunfels, 93
- Heavenly Pho, 19178 Blanco Rd., 92
- Taqueria Jimador, 1106 Vance Jackson, 83
- Frida's Taqueria, 1738 W. Hildebrand, 80
- Dona Conca, 3303 West Ave., 77
- Wing Daddy's Sauce House, 115 SE Military Drive, 76
- Las Minas, 3811 Blanco Rd., 69
- La Comarca Mexican Restaurant, 5131 West Ave., 64
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.