SAN ANTONIO – A cafe on the city’s North Side was cited last month after an employee was seen handling raw meat before proceeding to the grill without washing her hands.
Las Minas Cafe, located in the 300 block of Blanco Road, received a score of 77 and was also written up for having a hand washing sink with too low of a temperature.
The restaurant also had grease and food residue evident on its kitchen walls, city health records show.
Las Minas failed a food safety inspection in 2020 after having leaky faucets in one of its restrooms.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Other scores this week:
- Hugo’s Sushi and Asian Cuisine, 7627 Culebra Rd., 100
- Olive Garden, 5439 W. FM 1604 North, 100
- Ruthie’s Mexican Restaurant, 11423 West Ave., 100
- Chick-fil-A, 24503 IH 10 West, 98
- Karolina’s Mexican Food, 11510 U.S. Hwy 281 South, 98
- La Madeleine, 722 NW Loop 410, 98
- Carnitas Lonja, 1107 Roosevelt Ave., 97
- El Palmar Cocina Mexicana, 2607 Jackson Keller, 97
- Al Carbon, 13835 Nacogdoches Rd., 95
- Down on Grayson, 303 E. Grayson St., 95
- Pho Filet, 9910 W. FM 1604 North, 93
- Tia’s Taco Hut, 5730 Babcock Rd., 92
- Vicky’s Barbacoa, 1702 Pinn Rd., 91
- VN Bistro, 10003 NW Military Hwy., 90
- Lin’s Express, 11911 Culebra Rd., 88
- Taqueria Perla Tapatia, 5102 Rittiman Rd., 88
- Taqueria Los Potrillos, 715 Nogalitos St., 84
- Mi Guadalajara, 1151 Culebra Rd., 83
- Shipleys Donuts, 11881 Bandera Rd., 79
- Las Minas Cafe, 3811 Blanco Rd., 77
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.