SAN ANTONIO – A bar on San Antonio’s Far West Side was written up by health inspectors late last month after the entity operating its kitchen was doing so without a proper license.
Doc Browns, located in the 6500 block of W. FM 1604 North, was given a score of 78.
According to city health records, its kitchen was being operated by Rock-N-Rolls TX, which does not have a food establishment license.
The bar was also cited for failing to control pests.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Other scores this week:
- La Flor De Michoacan Restaurant, 5368 W. Military Dr., 100
- Zocalo, 175 E. Houston St., 100
- El Azteca Restaurant, 2800 Guadalupe St., 97
- Little Taco Factory, 1510 McCullough Ave., 97
- Lucky Lizard, 302 E. Commerce St., 96
- Bill Miller BBQ, 7140 NW Loop 410, 95
- Izumi Sushi, 2844 Thousand Oaks, 95
- Pila’s Molino, 519 Old Hwy. 90 West, 93
- Teddy B’s, 6392 Babcock Rd., 93
- Mr.C’s Chicken and Waffles, 9390 Huebner Rd., 91
- Salata, 250 E. Basse Rd., 90
- Ed’s Smoke-N-Q, 542 N. W.W. White Rd., 89
- Agave Mexican Restaurant, 3302 Pleasanton Rd., 87
- Frida’s Taqueria, 1738 W. Hildebrand, 86
- Thai Lucki Sushi Bar & Restaurant, 102 Navarro St., 84
- La Michoacana Meat Market, 3310 S. Zarzamora St., 83
- Red Hook Seafood, 6759 NW Loop 410, 80
- Beijing Express, 8003 Marbach Rd., 78
- Doc Browns, 6511 W. FM 1604 North, 78
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.