SAN ANTONIO – A Mexican restaurant on the Far West Side was ordered to go through a reinspection in late March after employees were seen on their cell phones and then handling masa for tortillas without washing their hands.
Grand Tequila Restaurant & Cantina, located in the 8700 block of State Hwy. 151, received a score of 70, one point away from failing, after racking up a list of violations that also included a dirty ice chest being used to store cooked tortillas and a back door that was not properly sealed, health department records show.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Other scores this week:
- El Charro De Jalisco, 8388 Marbach Rd., 100
- DelliGatti’s Sandwich Shop, 13465 Wetmore Rd., 100
- The Melting Pot, 14855 Blanco Rd., 100
- McAlister’s Deli, 5880 De Zavala Rd., 100
- Subway, 8507 McCullough Ave., 99
- Tokyo Mart, 825 W. Hildebrand, 97
- La Unica Barbacoa, 2622 Goliad Rd., 94
- Bill Miller BBQ, 6950 W. Military Dr., 91
- Luciano’s On Campus, 4301 Broadway, 91
- Culebra Meat Market, 3017 Blanco Rd., 89
- Hacienda Jalisco, 1602 Bandera Rd., 88
- Wing Daddy’s Sauce House, 1115 SE Military Dr., 87
- Pancake Joes, 6703 Ingram Rd., 85
- Popeyes, 14107 Nacogdoches Rd., 82
- Singhs at St. Mary’s, 2803 N. St. Mary’s, 80
- Dick’s Last Resort, 223 Losoya St., 79
- Reyna’s Taqueria, 4722 S. Hackberry St., 79
- Los Angeles Tortilleria & Restaurant, 300 N. Zarzamora St., 77
- Teka Molino, 7231 San Pedro Ave., 75
- Grand Tequila Restaurant & Tequila, 8723 State Hwy. 151, 70
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.