SAN ANTONIO – Today at 1 p.m., a style makeover and local gifts for Mom, how to bring native plants to your yard and a hot, new Cambodian restaurant serving up noodles off the Saint Mary’s Strip.
New restaurant Golden Wat is serving up Cambodian food that will warm your soul. Chef Pieter Sypesteyn, the mind behind NOLA here in San Antonio, shares a soup recipe showcasing his wife’s Cambodian-American culture.
Looking to do some gardening? Native Backyards drops some knowledge on why plants native to our area might be a wiser decision than plants imported from other places in the world.
Looking for a great gift for Mom? SA Live moms, Fiona and Jen, get a styling and closet editing session with C&J Atelier. You can book them for your mother - it’s a great gift she can use!
You can support local for Mother’s Day with the following gift ideas from Elsa Fernandez of Eye Candy Boutique:
1. For moms looking to set the mood for a luxury vacation - Vacay Vibes mini candle collection from Bree Nicole Co. Candles
2. For skincare lovers - Face polish from Kavi Cosmetix
3. For the nature-loving mom - Local flowers harvested from Garcia Street Urban Farm
4. For the mom who wants to enlighten her spirit - Our Lady of Guadalupe aluminum embossed wood cross from Thais Ann Boutique
5. For the mom who loves a good pun and a clean scent - Wax melts from Lanena Lynn
6. For the beauty enthusiast - Locally designed lip color by ELSEWEAR Cosmetics
7. For the fashionista - Statement fashion accessories from Eye Candy Boutique
It’s International Dance Day! What’s your favorite dance move? Show us or tell us on Facebook and Twitter @SALiveKSAT - and be sure to follow us on Instagram for behind-the-scenes moments, deals and more.
SA Live airs weekdays at 1 p.m. on KSAT 12. Stream the show anytime from the KSAT TV app on Roku, Fire Stick, a smart TV or smartphone. You can watch the full show in the video below.