Recipe makes 8 Servings
1 Tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
1/3 cup(s) shallots, minced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup(s) Shiner Wicked Ram IPA, or your favorite IPA
12 Oz H‑E‑B Evaporated Milk
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 cup(s) H‑E‑B Select Ingredients Colby Jack Thick Cut Shreds
4 1/2 Oz can of green chiles, drained of any liquid
1. Set a saucepan over medium heat, add oil and allow to get hot. Add shallots and garlic and stir-fry until translucent.
2. Add beer and cook until liquid is reduced by half and begins to thicken slightly. Add in milk and bring to a simmer.
3. In a bowl combine corn starch and cheese together until cheese is coated well with starch.
4. Add cheese and green chiles, turn off heat and whisk until smooth season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve in a small crock pot set to low heat or keep in a fondue pot to serve.
6. Chef’s Note: Add more milk if you like a thinner consistency. Crusty bread or thick cut tortilla chips work best with dipping in this fondue.
Get the nutritional information of the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here!