BCSO deputy cleared of manslaughter charge speaks out after ‘stressful’ week under indictment
In his first public comments since being cleared of criminal wrongdoing in the shooting death of a man in Elmendorf in 2020, Bexar County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Brandin Moran said Thursday his brief indictment for manslaughter had a significant emotional impact on him and his family.
Man, 30, charged with manslaughter after fatal shooting in Selma, officials say
Matthew Goetz is charged with manslaughter after a fatal shooting in Selma. SELMA, Texas – A 30-year-old man is facing a manslaughter charge after a fatal shooting in Selma on Wednesday night, officials said. Officers were called to the 16800 block of Showdown Path around 10:30 p.m., according to arrest records. The officers found the suspect, Matthew Goetz, standing outside of a Honda Accord tending to the victim, 28-year-old Marquis Anderson. Investigators found a pistol on the passenger’s seat and gun residue on Goetz’s hands, according to arrest records.
'I cried because he was my brother’: Man indicted on manslaughter charges
SAN ANTONIO – Arthur Hernandez Martinez, Jr., 21, was formally indicted by a Bexar County grand jury this week on a felony manslaughter charge in the shooting death of a man at a West Side home in November. Martinez allegedly shot John Paul Alvarez, 20, around 3 a.m. at a house in the 8000 block of Westshire Drive, according to San Antonio police. Martinez first told police the victim shot himself while playing with a gun, and then said a gunman shot the man and fled, according to San Antonio police. Martinez told police he “never meant to hurt John." “I cried because he was my brother," he said, clarifying that they were friends and not related.
Man, 18, indicted on manslaughter, aggravated assault with deadly weapon in New Year’s Day crash, DA’s office says
SAN ANTONIO – The Bexar County District Attorney’s Office reviewed a case this week involving a car crash that killed a man and his daughter on New Year’s Day. Cesar Eduardo Gonzalez is charged with two counts of manslaughter and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, the DA’s office said. The indictments for charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon allege Gonzalez was driving his vehicle at a speed that was capable of causing death and serious bodily injury to two other people. He allegedly asked his mother to report the truck he was driving, which his mother owned, stolen. According to the affidavit, she refused and called the police.
Judge dismisses charges in Southeast Side manslaughter case due to lack of probable cause
SAN ANTONIO – Manslaughter charges against a 22-year-old man, who was previously suspected of being involved in a deadly shooting at a Southeast Side apartment complex, were dismissed after a judge ruled there was a lack of probable cause in the case, according to Bexar County records. Witnesses told investigators they saw Jose Maria Galindo run from a bedroom at the Pecan Valley Apartments after hearing a gunshot on Jan. 22. Investigators arrested Galindo in La Salle County soon after, but because a judge did not find enough reasonable grounds for the manslaughter charge, the case was dismissed. Galindo is still in the Bexar County Jail on a charge of assault of a public servant, according to records. The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office says the bond in the assault case was increased to $15,000.