RECIPE: Egg muffins with lean turkey bacon
Try this diabetic-healthy breakfast
The advertiser paid a fee to promote this sponsored article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of this site or affiliated companies.
- 12 slices of lean turkey bacon
- 20-ounces of egg whites
- 3 small eggs
- 2 1/2 ounce lean turkey sausage
- 2 1/2 ounce red bell pepper
- 2-ounces baby spinach or chopped regular spinach
- 3-ounce yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 jalapeno chili
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a muffin pan or 12 muffin forms with a little cooking spray
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the inside of each of the muffin forms and put a little spinach at the bottom of each
- Chop onions, jalapeno and garlic finely, and saute' for a few minutes until the onions are translucent
- Take the onion mix off the stove and divide it evenly between the 12 muffin forms, placing it on top of the spinach
- Chop the sausage and bell pepper and add to the muffin forms
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites, whole eggs, salt and pepper and whisk them together
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin forms so it just covers the veggies
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack
For more information, visit healthtexas.org or call 210-731-HTMG.
Sponsored article by HealthTexas.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.