Woman displaced by house fire caused by faulty electrical outlet, fire officials say

Fire was called in around 3 a.m. at home in 1300 block of Edison Dr.

SAN ANTONIO – An early-morning fire has caused thousands of dollars in damage and displaced a woman from her North Side home, the San Antonio Fire Department said Monday.

The fire happened around 3 a.m. at a home in the 1300 block of Edison Drive, not far from Interstate 10 and Blanco Road.

Firefighters said they arrived to find flames in the front of the home. They were able to put the fire out quickly and without incident.

Fire officials said they believe the fire was caused by a faulty electrical outlet, and that no injuries were reported. Fire investigators and arson investigators have been called in to confirm the findings.

Damage to the home is estimated at $20,000.

The woman living at the home will be staying with a relative for the time being, fire officials said.

About the Authors: