SAN ANTONIO – Below is a list of all the citations issued so far in January for violations of San Antonio’s emergency declaration.
The San Antonio Development Services Department (DSD), Center City Development and Operations Department, San Antonio Police Department and Metro Health are all charged with enforcing the order, which requires businesses to post a list of COVID-19 symptoms near the entrance, requires all people 10 years and older to wear a face covering, prohibits large outside gatherings in excess of 10 people (with some exceptions) in line with social distancing guidelines, and allows restaurants to operate up to 50% capacity.
For the full list of requirements laid out in the most recent executive order from Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, scroll to the bottom of the article.
To report a violation, call 210-207-7273.
Here is the current list of citations from January, provided by the city, and the description of the violation included with the data:
- Bombay Klub - The Bombay Klub located at 4542 W Cesar E Chavez Boulevard was told to shut down by DSD officials due to the location having a Red TABC tag. A blue tag is required for operation under current state guidelines. A citation was also issued for the location not having health and safety signage posted.
- Diamonds Show Club - Employees and customers were seen not wearing masks where required and not social distancing at Diamonds Show Club located at 2525 NE Loop 410. The club was also operating without a certificate of occupancy. A citation was issued.
- Kwik Wash Laundry - A caller reported Kwik Wash Laundry, located at 11802 Blanco Road, for customers not wearing masks. Upon arrival, DSD officials saw no health and safety signage posted, at least one customer not wearing a mask and no attendant present at the laundromat. Two citations were issued.
- Cowboys Dancehall - City records show that SAPD responded to a call on Jan. 9 for reports that Cowboys Dancehall located at 3030 NE Loop 410 was over capacity and that people were not social distancing. No citation was issued that night, but on Monday, DSD officials reviewed videos taken during Saturday’s event at Cowboys Dancehall and noted that no masks were being worn by patrons and that social distancing was not being enforced. Two citations were issued. Cowboys Dancehall now has a total of seven citations for violation of the city’s public health emergency declaration. For more information regarding the Jan. 9 violation, including video, click here.
- Dollar General - The Dollar General at 8718 S Zarzamora Street was issued a citation after inspectors observed that no health and safety signage was posted.
- QuikTrip - A caller reported that the QuikTrip located at 4710 Fredericksburg Road did not have the required health and safety signage posted. Upon inspection, DSD officials also saw two customers not wearing face masks. Two citations were issued.
- Big Bang and One Pocha Live Lounge - Health and safety signage was not posted during a proactive inspection at Big Bang and One Pocha Live Lounge located at 4408 Walzem Road. DSD officials also noticed that tables and booths were too close together. A citation was issued.
- Dollar General - A manager at the Dollar General located at 3350 SW Military Drive told DSD officials during a proactive inspection that the required health and safety signage was removed per corporate orders. Social distancing measures were being followed and masks were being worn. A citation was issued.
- Dreamers - Health and safety signage was not posted during a proactive inspection of Dreamers located at 2376 Austin Highway. A citation was issued.
- Streetfare SA - A citation was issued for no health and safety signage being posted at Streetfare SA, located at 1916 Austin Highway.
- EZ Wash - A caller reported EZ Wash, located at 6101 S Flores Street, for people not wearing masks. DSD officials observed that people inside the laundromat were not wearing masks and issued a citation.
- Little Sam’s - DSD officials conducted a proactive inspection of Little Sam’s convenience store, located at 3215 Roosevelt Avenue, and noted that health and safety signage was not posted. A citation was issued.
- Sir Winston’s Pub - A citation was issued to Sir Winston’s Pub located at 2522 Nacogdoches Road after DSD officials observed patrons not wearing masks or social distancing where required.
- Planet Fitness - An anonymous email led to a citation at Planet Fitness on 207 N General McMullen Drive after DSD officials saw patrons walking around the gym without masks and not practicing social distancing.
- My Bar - A proactive inspection led to a citation for the bar located at 6402 Callaghan Road. The inspector noted that health and safety signage was posted and masks were being worn by staff, but social distancing was not being enforced. A citation was issued for a social distancing violation.
- C D Division Tire-Muffler Shop - Inspectors were called after employees were seen not wearing masks at the tire shop located at 730 Division Ave., according to a report from the city. An inspector noted that employees did not have masks on and were not social distancing. A citation was issued.
- Lowe’s - A caller reported that Lowe’s employees at 1200 N Loop 1604 W were not enforcing the mask mandate and that people were walking around inside the location without masks. A citation was issued.
- Guzman’s Barber Shop - Employees and customers were not wearing masks during a proactive inspection of Guzman’s Barber Shop, located at 414 N General McMullen Drive. DSD officials also noted that no social distancing features were in place or being enforced. A citation was issued.
- Roy’s Taco Hut - A proactive inspection of Roy’s Taco Hut, located at 246 Enrique M Barrera Parkway, revealed that customers were not properly socially distanced in the dining room and no social distancing features were in place or being enforced, according to DSD officials. A citation was issued.
- Koo Kutz Barbershop - During a proactive inspection of Koo Kutz Barbershop, located at 10029 San Pedro Avenue, DSD officials noticed that health and safety signage was not posted at the entrance of the business. A citation was issued.