Man wanted for aggravated robbery arrested following hours-long standoff with SA police

The suspect, Michael Magee, was booked on three felony warrants

A man accused of armed aggravated robbery and who was involved in an hours-long standoff with San Antonio police is now in custody.


A man accused of armed aggravated robbery and who was involved in an hours-long standoff with San Antonio police is now in custody.

The standoff happened Friday afternoon in the area of Churchill Estates.

Michael Magee, 38, is accused of entering a residence, uninvited with his girlfriend, and robbing a 72-year-old disabled man and his 50-year-old daughter two nights ago, according to police.

Both the man and his daughter suffered cuts and bruises, officials said.

After Magee and his girlfriend took their property, they left the scene. However, police said Magee’s girlfriend returned to the residence and attempted to take the man’s walker, but was unsuccessful.

Authorities conducted surveillance in the area, looking for Magee and his girlfriend. It wasn’t until Friday that officers and detectives found him in the area and attempted to make an arrest.

That’s when he fled to his apartment and a standoff ensued.

After several hours had passed, police said Magee surrendered peacefully and without incident. He was booked on three felony warrants, including aggravated robbery, unauthorized use and possessing a controlled substance.

Officers also conducted a search warrant and located the handgun used in the robbery and the stolen property from the victims.


The scene is now clear after an hours-long standoff on the North Side between an aggravated robbery suspect and San Antonio police Friday afternoon.

The standoff began around 3 p.m., in the area of Churchill Estates.

Authorities said the suspect, a man in his 30s, had a warrant out for his arrest and when officers spotted him earlier in the afternoon, he fled the scene and barricaded himself inside of his apartment.

Officers called in negotiators and SWAT to assist in negotiations. As of around 10 p.m., the scene began to clear.

No one else was inside of the man’s apartment; however two other people were at the man’s apartment when the standoff began and have since been detained. Police said they’re both being considered potential suspects.

Some surrounding residents in the area were evacuated for safety reasons.

Further details on the incident are limited at this time.

This is a developing story and we’ll bring more details as they become available.

RELATED: San Antonio police arrest 2 after ‘vicious’ assault caught on camera outside strip club

About the Authors:

Cody King is a digital journalist for KSAT 12. She previously worked for NewsChannel 20 in Springfield, Illinois.

Jonathan Cotto is a reporter for KSAT's Nightbeat. Jonathan speaks English and Spanish and is a veteran of the United States Navy. Previously, he worked in South Texas.