SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters are responding to a large fire at a North Side apartment on Tuesday morning.
The fire was reported around 3:30 a.m. at the complex in the 1200 block of Patricia Drive, near Parliament Street.
When firefighters arrived, flames were shooting through the roof. Fire crews used two aerial trucks to battle the flames from above.
Twelve out of 16 units sustained damage, and tenants in the building had to be evacuated. The residents took shelter in the complex’s clubhouse.
Authorities said the fire appeared to be centered around a chimney, and they’re looking at a fireplace as the possible source of the fire.
No injures were reported in the incident.
This is a breaking news story. It will be updated as more information becomes available.