Woman stabs man after he tried to force his way into her apartment, police say

The man was transported to an area hospital in life-threatening condition

SAN ANTONIOUpdate (2 p.m. Sunday, May 30): San Antonio police have named the man who they say tried to get into a woman’s apartment before she stabbed him.

Anthony Rivera, 31, is facing a charge of burglary habitation with the intent to commit assault, according to SAPD.

The incident happened at about 6:15 p.m. Saturday at an apartment complex in the 5200 block of Blanco Road.

A preliminary report by SAPD states the woman, 28, witnessed Rivera assault her child outside her apartment.

She confronted him, police said, and he tried to get inside the unit.

As he began to force his way inside, the woman stabbed him twice with a knife, according to SAPD.

Rivera was taken to University Hospital in serious, but stable condition.

Details surrounding the alleged assault involving the child, whose age is unknown, were not released.

SAPD said the investigation is ongoing.

Original (7:53 p.m. Saturday, May 29): A woman stabbed a man after he tried to get into her apartment, San Antonio police said on Saturday.

The incident happened in the 5200 block of Blanco Road.

According to police, the woman, believed to be in her 20s, was inside her apartment when a man tried to force his way inside.

The woman told the man, believed to be in his 40s, that she would stab him if he entered the apartment.

Police say the man entered the unit and was stabbed twice by the woman.

The man was taken to an area hospital in life-threatening-condition.

It’s unclear whether the man and woman knew each other.

Police say charges are pending and the investigation is still ongoing.

Also on KSAT:

About the Authors

Japhanie Gray joined 10 News as an anchor in March 2022.