Immediate Severe Weather Threat Has Passed San Antonio
Flash flooding, high water still possible due to heavy rain
11:30 PM Sunday -- The immediate severe weather threat for the San Antonio area has passed. However, a line of strong storms continues to move east across our easternmost communities with a threat of gusty winds, heavy rain, and frequent lightning.
Active Severe Weather Watches:
There is a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in place for a portion of the KSAT viewing area until 4 AM Monday, May 25, 2020. This does not include San Antonio or Bexar County.
Here are some key forecast takeaways as the holiday weekend continues:
- A squall line will continue to move east and away from San Antonio Sunday night
- Even though the threat of damaging winds and hail is over, flash flooding will be possible through roughly 2 AM in and around San Antonio
- Memorial Day itself will be generally quiet with mostly cloudy skies, mugginess, and an isolated storm possible
- Once again, storm chances will increase in the evening and nighttime hours on Monday
- Rain chances will be lower by Tuesday afternoon and through the middle of the week
- However, storm chances will pick back up toward the end of the week as an area of low pressure drifts around South Texas
If you plan to be out and about, check your KSAT Weather app and make sure to enable notifications. On the app, you’ll find radar, the latest forecast from KSAT’s meteorologists, and we’ll notify you when we are streaming live over the app.
For more on the weekend’s forecast, watch this short video from Your Weather Authority Team:
Check out the latest satellite imaging tracking storms in the San Antonio area here:
- Click HERE for KSAT's interactive radar
- Click HERE for more from KSAT's Weather team, Your Weather Authority
Continued weather coverage:
- Stick with KSAT 12 News, your Weather Authority for the latest weather updates.
- Read more: CPS Energy offers power outage tips
Keep up with the latest alerts from the KSAT Meteorologists with their Twitter stream below:
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.