Shed fire caused by space heater kills dog, damages Northeast Side home

Fire was reported just after 7:30 a.m. in 4700 block of Sunny Grove

SAN ANTONIO – A shed fire caused by a space heater killed a dog and damaged a Northeast Side home early Wednesday morning, San Antonio firefighters said.

The fire was reported just after 7:30 a.m. at the home in the 4700 block of Sunny Grove, which is located not far from both Nacogdoches Road and O'Connor Road.

Firefighters said a space heater placed inside the outdoor shed caught fire, engulfing the shed in flames. 

A dog that had been placed inside the shed for warmth died as a result of the fire, firefighters said.

Officials said the flames also melted the siding off the house and caused a total of $25,000 worth of damage.

No one inside the home was hurt as a result of the fire.


About the Authors:

Ben Spicer is a digital journalist who works the early morning shift for KSAT.

Max Massey is the GMSA weekend anchor and a general assignments reporter. Max has been live at some of the biggest national stories out of Texas in recent years, including the Sutherland Springs shooting, Hurricane Harvey and the manhunt for the Austin bomber. Outside of work, Max follows politics and sports, especially Penn State, his alma mater.