SAN ANTONIO – City Hall and most municipal offices in San Antonio will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24, 2023, to observe the Thanksgiving holiday.
Public safety and emergency services will remain in operation.
Other City services will operate as follows:
- Police will be on duty.
- Fire and EMS personnel will be on duty.
- Animal Care officers will be on duty.
- 3-1-1 Call Center for urgent animal concerns and traffic signal malfunctions (option 1) will be available on both Nov. 23 and 24 from 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. 3-1-1 Call Center will be operational on Friday, Nov. 24 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Housing Assistance Hotline (210-207-5910) and Homeless Connections Hotline (210-207-1799) will not be operational on Thursday, Nov. 23. Homeless Connections will be open Friday, Nov. 24 from 8:30 – 11:45 a.m. and 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. The Homeless Outreach team will be working until 4:30 p.m. on Friday as well.
- Code Enforcement Officers will be available for inspections and emergency coverage.
- Downtown parking visitors will enjoy holiday-free parking on Thursday, Nov. 23 at City-operated parking garages, lots, and on-street meters. On Friday, Nov. 24, the free parking holiday will only apply to on-street parking meters – garages and lots will not be included.
Waste Collection & Drop Off
- Collections for garbage, recycling, and organics for Thursday, Nov. 23 will be made on Friday, Nov. 24. Friday, Nov. 24 collections will move to Saturday, Nov. 25.
- Dead animal collection will not be on duty Thursday, Nov. 23. They will be on duty Friday, Nov. 24 with a limited crew.
- Curbside Brush collection will not operate Thursday, Nov. 23.
- Bitters Brush Recycling location at 1800 Wurzbach Parkway will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24. It will be open Saturday, Nov 25.
- Bulky Waste drop-off centers (Frio City Road, Rigsby and Culebra) will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24. They will be open Saturday, Nov 25.
- Household Hazardous Waste site (Culebra) will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 and Friday, Nov. 24. It will be open Saturday, Nov 25.
- Solid Waste Management Customer Service Call Center will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 but open Friday, Nov. 24 with limited staff.
Facilities & Administrative Offices: Mixed Schedule
- La Villita and Market Square shops will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23 and open on Friday, Nov. 24. Administrative offices of La Villita and Market Square will be closed both days.
- Spanish Governor’s Palace will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23 but open on Friday, Nov. 24.
- Animal Care Services Lobby and Adoption Center will be closed Thursday, Nov. 23 but open on Friday, Nov. 24.
Facilities & Administrative Offices: Open Both Days
- City parks and trails.
- Municipal Court magistration services and SAPD’s detention center.
Facilities & Administrative Offices: Closed Both Days
- Senior/Adult Comprehensive Centers will be closed. This includes the Alicia Treviño Lopez and Doris Griffin Senior Centers.
- Senior Nutrition Sites will be closed. (Seniors or the general public may contact individual nutrition sites for holiday schedule information.)
- City of San Antonio Community Centers, Adult and Senior Centers, the Natatorium, Fairchild and McFarlin Tennis Centers and the Barrera Community Fitness Center.
- Willie Velasquez, Claude Black and Frank Garrett community centers.
- Carver Community Cultural Center.
- All San Antonio Public Library locations, including Central Library.
- Head Start administrative offices and school district sites.
- Pre-K 4 SA Centers will be closed from Monday, Nov. 20 through Friday, Nov. 24.
- Pre-K 4 SA Corporate Office will be closed from Wednesday, Nov. 22 through Friday, Nov. 24.
- Child Care Services administrative offices.
- The Darner Headquarters and Park Reservations Office.
- Fitness and Park classes.
- SAPD’s Administration and Records Section.
- SAFD Administrative Offices.
- Office of the City Clerk, Passports, Vital Records and Municipal Archives and Records.
- San Antonio Municipal Court.
- All Metro Health clinics and offices.
- Alamodome Offices and Box Office.
- Solid Waste Management administrative offices.
- Development Services Department.
- Economic Development Department.
- Office of Historic Preservation.
- Planning Department.
- Neighborhood and Housing Services.
- Centro de Artes Gallery at Market Square.
- Culture Commons Gallery at Plaza de Armas