SAN ANTONIO – Below is a list of all the citations issued so far in February for violations of San Antonio’s emergency declaration.
The San Antonio Development Services Department (DSD), Center City Development and Operations Department, San Antonio Police Department and Metro Health are all charged with enforcing the order, which requires businesses to post a list of COVID-19 symptoms near the entrance, requires all people 10 years and older to wear a face covering, prohibits large outside gatherings in excess of 10 people (with some exceptions) in line with social distancing guidelines, and allows restaurants to operate up to 50% capacity.
For the full list of requirements laid out in the most recent executive order from Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, scroll to the bottom of the article. To report a violation, call 210-207-7273.
Here is the current list of citations from February, provided by the city, and the description of the violation included with the data:
- Rainbow Shops - A proactive inspection of the store at 1842 W.W. White Road found that health and safety signage was not posted. The inspector noted that they met with the manager, who “stated only company-provided signage (was) allowed to be displayed.” Masks were being worn by staff and customers when required. A citation was issued.
- La Patrona Cafe - A proactive inspection of the restaurant found that employees and customers were not wearing masks where required, and they were not social distancing. A citation was issued for the restaurant located at 1502 N. Zarzamora St.
- Mi Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant - An inspector noted that employees were not wearing face masks as required. No social distancing features were in place, and customers were not socially distanced, the inspector noted. A citation was issued. The restaurant is located at 1151 Culebra Road.
- The Palace Gentleman’s Club - A proactive inspection found that customers were not wearing masks where required. The club is located at 2482 NE Loop 410. A citation was issued.
- Perfect 10 Men’s Club - An inspector noted that all employees and guests were not wearing face masks and were not social distancing where required. The club is located at 111 NW Loop 410. A citation was issued.
- Live Thru This Tattoo - A caller reported that the tattoo studio, located at 619 SW 24th St., did not have health and safety signs, and the occupants were not following mask or social distancing guidelines. A citation was issued after an inspector saw an employee and a customer not wearing face masks as required.
- Lonestar Travel Center - A proactive inspection of the store located at 8730 Interstate 35 South found that health and safety signage was not posted, and employees and customers were not wearing masks when required. Social distancing was not being enforced, the violation states. A citation was issued.
- Food Mart - A citation was issued after a proactive inspection found that employees were not wearing masks and not social distancing. The store is located at 719 Palo Alto Road.
- Cricket Wireless - A caller reported that employees were not wearing masks at the store located at 3610 Nogalitos St. Health and safety signage was not posted as required, the report states. “Per manager, the regional manager removed all the paper signs and left direction to not replace them,” the inspector wrote. A citation was issued.
- Construction site - A caller reported that an MDS construction crew was not wearing masks at the site at 2566 Goliad Road. An inspector met with the supervisor and observed crew members were not wearing masks when required. A citation was issued.
- Tiny Cantina - A proactive inspection of the restaurant at 15900 La Cantera Parkway found that no health and safety signage was posted. The location was allowing on-premises consumption despite being labeled as a red tag per TABC - meaning the bar should not be offering on-premises service at this time. A citation was issued.
- El Corona Nite Club - A proactive inspection of the bar at 7503 U.S. Hwy 90 W. found that staff who were placing wristbands on customers were not wearing masks. A citation was issued.
- Southside Expo Hall - An inspector found that social distancing features were not being enforced at the event center located at 3822 Pleasanton Road. A citation was issued.
- The Industry - A proactive inspection of the bar located at 8021 Pinebrook found that social distancing was not enforced, despite health and safety signs posted. A citation was issued.
- Casa Rivera - The retail store located in Market Square did not post health and safety signs, and did not post a COVID-19 symptom sheet, according to an inspector. A citation was issued.
- Blue Moon Mexican - A caller reported that masks were not being worn at the restaurant located at 3228 S. Flores St. An inspector found that staff and customers were wearing masks, but health and safety signage was not posted. A citation was issued for no signage.
- Bar 301 - The bar at 23567 I-10 W. received a citation after an inspector saw an employee and two customers interacting within 6 feet without social distancing.
- Amigo’s Food Mart - A proactive inspection resulted in a citation at the store located at 2106 S. Zarzamora St. The report noted that the manager was not wearing a face mask, and “no attempt was made to put on a face mask during inspection until requested to put one on.” The report also noted that no sanitization resources were available for use.
- Delicious Tamales Factory - A citation was issued at Delicious Tamales Factory, located at 3500 S Presa Street after DSD officials saw that employees were not wearing face masks and nobody was social distancing.
- PlainsCapital Bank - A citation was issued to PlainsCapital Bank, located at 333 Wolfe Road after DSD officials observed an employee wearing a face mask improperly while assisting a customer.
- Abundant Staffing - Professional services company Abundant Staffing, located at 300 N Loop 1604 E, was issued a citation after DSD officials observed employees not wearing masks and social distancing.