SAN ANTONIO – With the last round of wintry weather dropping snow and ice in San Antonio on Thursday, the following businesses have announced closures and delays.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center at the MARC will open on Friday, so those with procedures scheduled should come as planned. Patients scheduled to have their procedure at the downtown Robert B. Green surgery center will be called if their case can be moved to the MARC, otherwise they will be rescheduled. All other University Health outpatient clinics will continue to remain closed until power and water pressure issues are resolved.
- Baptist M&S Imaging Centers and their breast centers will be closed until Monday.
- Bexar County - Facilities will be closed through Friday. Emergency and essential infrastructure services personnel will report as usual to their assigned work locations. All Bexar County Court proceedings will be closed through Friday. There is a magistrate and a civil presiding judge on duty for emergency purposes.
- CentroMed - All CentroMed clinics in San Antonio, New Braunfels, Converse, Schertz and Somerset will be closed until Monday.
- The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Multi-Specialty, Pediatric Primary Care and Maternal Fetal Medicine - Clinics will remain closed until Monday, Feb. 22. Patients who had appointments this week will be contacted next week to have their appointments rescheduled. In addition, KidSTOP locations at Westover Hills and in Downtown will also be closed on Thursday. All elective surgeries and procedures at The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio are canceled on Thursday. All inpatient areas and the Emergency Room at The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio still remain open, along with The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Emergency Center – Westover Hills.
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System - All hospitals within the system have full power and provide uninterrupted care to our patients. Elective surgeries will be performed on a limited basis at the following facilities on Friday, Feb. 19, as Associates and physicians focus on inpatient and emergency cases:
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – Medical Center
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – Alamo Heights
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – Westover Hills
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos
The full schedule for elective surgeries will resume at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels on Friday.
Due to utility issues in the area, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Emergency Center – Creekside in New Braunfels remains temporarily closed. An update will be provided when it is ready to reopen. This closure does not affect the Emergency Department at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels, which remains open and ready to treat patients.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa will provide further updates as needed. Follow the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Facebook pagefor the latest information.
- CommuniCare Health Centers - All locations are closed. Patients will be contacted to reschedule appointments. They will return to normal operating hours on Monday.
- COVID-19 Testing Centers - Click here to see which testing sites are reopening on Friday.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Sites - At the Alamodome vaccination site will reopen at noon Friday. The two WellMed-run community COVID-19 vaccination clinics will remain closed this week due to the wintry weather conditions. Due to the continued freezing temperatures expected tomorrow morning and the timing of the vaccine’s arrival, the University Health COVID-19 Vaccine site at Wonderland of the Americas will be closed on Friday, Feb. 19. Read more here.
- ExpressMed at the Medical Center Pavilion will open Friday, Feb. 19 at 12 noon. Many University Medicine Associates providers will continue to see patients on Friday via Telehealth.
- Goodwill San Antonio remains closed through Friday, Feb. 19. Stores and donation locations are anticipated to reopen on Saturday, Feb. 20 at normal operating times pending any unforeseen delays and/or disruptions.
- HealthTexas Medical Group - All HealthTexas Medical Group clinics and support services will open at noon on Friday, Feb. 19. The delayed opening is to accommodate for safe travel for our associates and providers so they can prepare our operations to see patients who have in-person appointments. Patients who had an appointment scheduled this past week can visit this Saturday or a date soon to accommodate their schedule.
- Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Cares - Five clinics, including Selma, Las Palmas, City Base, East Side and Portanco, will remain closed while others will have shortened hours from 1-9 p.m. Click here for more info.
- New Braunfels Utilities’ (NBU) - Offices closed through Friday. The main NBU Customer Service phone line, 830.629.8400, will open at noon on Friday to take customer calls. The delayed start time is due to potential road closures and connectivity issues. We ask in advance that customers be patient as there may be considerable hold times. Our electric and water operations crews are working around the clock to restore system-wide water issues, including the Boil Water Notice, which we issued yesterday evening.
- North San Antonio Healthcare Associates - Closed Friday, will reopen Monday.
- Northeast Endocrinology Associates - Closed Friday.
- Port San Antonio - Port offices will remain closed through the rest of the week.
- Quality Urgent Care centers will reopen Friday at noon. All Covid vaccines that were scheduled for this week will be rescheduled for next week and staff will contact them with a date and time for their vaccination.
- San Antonio Botanical Garden - The San Antonio Botanical Garden will be closed to the public on Friday.
- San Antonio Pediatrics - All locations will be closed until Monday.
- Santikos Entertainment - Santikos theaters will be closed until further notice. Refund information can be found at Santikos.com.
- The South Texas Veterans Health Care System The clinics at Audie L. Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital and North Central Federal Clinic will resume on Friday, Feb. 19. Employees staffing these clinics are expected to report to duty no later than 9 a.m.
The following clinics and community-based outpatient clinics will be closed on Friday, Feb. 19 and will resume operations on Monday, Feb. 22.