SAN ANTONIO – (Updated Friday, 8 a.m.)
Here is the latest information on closures and scheduling for the public COVID-19 vaccination sites in San Antonio in light of this week’s wintry weather, icy road conditions and power outages.
Alamodome Vaccination Site
City officials have decided to open the Alamodome for people who have a scheduled second dose COVID-19 vaccine appointment starting at 12:00 p.m. Friday.
Current icy conditions are expected to improve in the morning. For those who have appointments scheduled before 12:00 p.m. tomorrow, they may arrive at the Alamodome at any time between 12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Please take your time and be safe, nobody will be turned away if they arrive later than their scheduled time.
As a reminder to the public, they must have a second dose vaccine appointment scheduled for tomorrow to enter the Alamodome. Those with appointments for a different day will not be accepted.
Thursday’s appointments have been rescheduled for Monday at the same appointment times.
Individuals who are scheduled for the stated dates will receive further communication through the email address or phone number provided with their registration.
Summary of rescheduled appointments:
- Appointments scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15 are rescheduled for Friday, Feb. 19.
- Appointments scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16 are rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 20
- Appointments scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 17 are rescheduled for Sunday, Feb. 21
- Appointments scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 18 are rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 22
Testing sites located at Cuellar and Ramirez Community Centers will also remain closed on Thursday.
“We understand that some may be concerned about the small delay for their second dose but again we do want to remind them we are within CDC guidelines to ensure the vaccine will still work with no issues. Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be scheduled for administration up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose,” city officials said in a press release.
For more information, please visit covid19.sanantonio.gov/vaccine.
WellMed Vaccination Sites
The two WellMed-run community COVID-19 vaccination clinics will remain closed this week due to the wintry weather conditions.
The clinics at the Elvira Cisneros Senior Community Center at 517 SW Military and Alicia Trevino Lopez One-Stop Center at 8353 Culebra will resume appointments on Monday, Feb. 22. Get more details here.
- Appointments scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15 are rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 22.
- Appointments scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16 are rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 23.
- Appointments scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 17 are rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 24.
- Appointments scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 18 are rescheduled for Thursday, Feb. 25.
- Appointments scheduled for Friday, Feb. 19 are rescheduled for Friday, Feb. 26.
- Appointments scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 20 are rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 27.
University Health’s clinic at Wonderland of the Americas
The University Health COVID-19 vaccine clinic at Wonderland of the Americas mall will be closed on Friday.
This week’s appointments have been rescheduled. See the schedule below:
- All Monday, Feb. 15 appointments have been rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 20 at the same time.
- Those who missed their appointment on Tuesday, Feb. 16, who did not come the next day, should come on Saturday, Feb. 20, anytime between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Those who missed their appointment on Wednesday, Feb. 17, may come on Saturday, Feb. 20, Monday, Feb. 22 or Tuesday, Feb. 23, anytime between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- All Thursday, Feb. 18 appointments are rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 22 at the same time.
- All Friday, Feb. 19 appointments are rescheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 23 at the same time.
*Coming at the appointed time will help reduce lines. However, if people are not able to come at that time, they will not be turned away as long as they come to Wonderland on their new scheduled day,” Spokesperson Elizabeth Allen said.
Check the website for the latest information.
More on KSAT: