SAN ANTONIO – Following last week’s icy conditions and power outages, schools are still announcing changes and closures this week.
Look below for a list of schools, colleges and daycares that have announced changes to their normal operating schedules.
- Alamo Heights ISD - The maintenance department is working diligently to prepare our campuses for re-opening on Monday, Feb. 22. Additionally, our food service staff and our bus drivers are planning meal distribution for eligible families on Thursday afternoon.
- Brooks Academies of Texas - We will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
- Comal ISD - Monday, Feb. 22 will be a student holiday and a teacher prep day. The early release planned for Wednesday, Feb. 24, has been canceled.
- Comfort ISD - All staff will report to work on Monday, Feb. 22 for a regular workday. However, due to ongoing community water issues, students will not report to school on Monday. District officials say that families will be contacted by school teachers on Monday to begin at-Home Remote Learning on Tuesday. At this time, we are planning for At-Home Remote Learning through Friday, February 26. If anything changes, we will let you know as soon as possible.
- Cuero ISD - School will resume on Monday.
- Edgewood ISD - Edgewood Independent School District will resume in person and remote learning on Monday, February 22, 2021 for most campuses. Stafford Elementary School, Stafford Early Childhood Center and Roosevelt Elementary school will offer remote learning due to minor repairs taking place at the campuses after the recent winter storms that affected our area. All other district facilities will be open for normal operations. The Edgewood ISD Child Nutrition Department will continue with meal distributions for all students who are in person and remote learners. Athletic events will also resume.
- Floresville ISD - We will resume classes on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Great Hearts San Antonio Schools - Classes expected to resume on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Harlandale ISD -On Friday, we will assess district facilities for plumbing and electricity to ensure a safe return for students and staff on Monday, Feb. 22. Essential personnel may be contacted by their supervisors in order to assist with district facilities. Our offices and schools will reopen on Monday, Feb. 22. All boys basketball playoff games have also been postponed until Monday, Feb. 22. Please visit our website to view the schedule.
- Hondo ISD - School to reopen on Monday, Feb. 22.
- IDEA San Antonio - Due to power outages across the city, all IDEA San Antonio classes have been cancelled for Monday, February 22, 2021. This includes virtual instruction. Any further updates will be shared with families via text or campus social media pages.
- Jubilee Academies - School will resume, Monday, Feb. 22.
- KIPP Texas Public Schools - Due to the aftermath of storm Uri, including intermittent power, and water outages, all KIPP Texas Schools will be closed for students on Monday, February 22. We will begin offering asynchronous instruction on Tuesday, February 23 and virtual instruction on Wednesday, February 24.
- Northside ISD - District officials say that a majority of campuses will open Monday morning with electricity and water restored, however, two campuses (Mora elementary and Harlan high school) will need to operate in a full virtual model. Both schools will conduct all-virtual learning on Monday, Feb. 22, due to ongoing repairs. Officials say they believe both campuses will be fully prepared to welcome in-person learners by Tuesday, Feb. 23. Each of these schools will be reaching out to their respective families with more information.
- Parent/Child Incorporated (PCI) Head Start/Early Head Start - Classes will resume Monday, February 22nd.
- Positive Solutions Charter School - Will reopen Monday.
- Pre-K 4 SA - Pre-K 4 SA anticipates classes to resume on Monday, February 22, but asks families to continue watching the news, Pre-K 4 SA social media and Remind communications for updates. Food distributions remain postponed until further notice.
- Premier High School San Antonio Windcrest - Classes resuming on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Randolph Field ISD - We will resume operations on Monday, Feb. 22.
- San Antonio Academy - Classes will resume on Monday, Feb. 22.
- San Antonio ISD - SAISD will reopen buildings on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Schertz Christian Academy - Closed until Monday, Feb. 22.
- Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City ISD - All SCUC ISD campuses will be open on Monday, Feb. 22 for both In Person and at-home learning. Classes begin at their regular times. Campuses under a boil water notice (Schlather and Cibolo Valley) WILL be able to open to in-person instruction tomorrow morning. Cafeterias will be able to prepare food safely, but staff and students will not have access to water for drinking and hand washing. District officials are asking staff and students at the two campuses to bring water to meet their drinking needs each day while the boil water notice is in effect.
- School of Excellence in Education - Classes to resume on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Somerset ISD - Parents should check Somerset ISD’s website and social media platforms for updates.
- South San ISD - South San ISD campuses and offices will be closed through Friday. All instruction, operations, and extracurricular activities are canceled. This Friday we will be distributing curbside meals to last through the weekend. The location and time will be announced soon.
- Southside ISD - School canceled through Friday. The district’s 24-hour warming center at the Losoya Middle School gym at 1610 Martinez Losoya Road will remain open for another night and close at 3 p.m. on Friday. Hot meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and shower facilities are available. Families are asked to bring pillows and blankets. To make contributions or for more information visit www.southsideisd.org.
- Southwest ISD - We anticipate returning to normal operations on Monday, February 22, 2021.
- Southwest School of Art - Community classes (online and in-studio) are canceled through Friday morning, Feb 19. Friday evening and weekend classes will continue as scheduled.
- Southwest School of Art - College classes will resume on Monday, Feb 22.
- The University of Texas at Austin - The campus will remain closed through at least 8 a.m. Monday, Feb. 22.
- UTSA at San Antonio - UTSA is extending the current campus closure until Monday morning. All online/virtual and in-person classes and meetings are canceled until 7 a.m. Monday, February 22.
Your Weather Authority team will keep you updated. You can get the very latest forecast anytime by bookmarking our weather page and downloading the KSAT Weather Authority App - available for both Apple and Android devices.