SAN ANTONIO – A joint City of San Antonio and Bexar County Winter Weather Emergency Declaration aims to protect consumers in San Antonio and Bexar County from price gougers during the winter storm.
According to the declaration, which was filed Wednesday with the Bexar County Clerk, states that the following goods and services cannot be charged for more than the regular retail price:
- Groceries, beverages, toilet articles and ice
- Restaurant, cafeteria, and boarding house meals
- Medicine, pharmaceutical and medical equipment and supplies
- Hotel rooms, motel rooms, or any other temporary lodging available to the public
- Gas and other fuels, including propane and diesel
Anyone who has been the victim of price gouging is asked to call the Texas Attorney General’s Office at 800-621-0508 or click here for more information.
You can read the emergency declaration below: