Skip to main content

Deadly North Side shooting is latest in string of recent violence in San Antonio

Recent crimes not necessarily indicator for more murders this year, SAPD records show

SAN ANTONIO – There have been at least six homicides, including a shooting by an officer, so far this month in San Antonio, after a man was shot and killed during an argument with his siblings.

The 35-year-old was transported to a hospital after 3 a.m. Friday at a North Side apartment complex on Sahara Drive, near San Pedro Avenue, according to the San Antonio Police Department. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

The shooting happened after the man pulled out a gun during the argument. Police said another person, who was present and also had a gun, shot the man, killing him.

It is unclear whether anyone was arrested.

The shooting comes amid an already busy month for homicide investigators.

On Saturday, Aug. 8, police found a 24-year-old man with a gunshot wound in his head inside a home on NW 26th Street near Poplar Street. He later died from his wounds.

Two other men were shot Tuesday morning at a Northwest Side apartment complex on Woodstone Drive. One of them, an 18-year-old, was killed.

Another man died just before midnight Monday after being shot by an SAPD officer. Police said the 56-year-old man was armed with two knives when an officer encountered him outside a home on Spring Front Drive, near Babcock Road, and ignored commands to put them down.

Just outside the city limits on Crestway Drive, Bexar County Sheriff’s investigators also found a murder case: a man shot dead August 10 while riding in a car.

The violent streak does not necessarily indicate this will be an especially violent year.

SAPD figures show a slight drop in the number of murders, 59 murders so far this year compared to 68 at the same time in 2025.

The picture for BCSO, though, is a bit different.

As of Friday morning, the sheriff’s office had 16 homicides reported, compared to 9 during the same time last year.


Read more: