The unofficial start of summer kicks off this weekend as Memorial Day approaches. While it won’t be for everyone, there is a chance for a few showers and storms on Memorial Day itself.
Here’s what you can expect:
Memorial Day (5/29)
- A disturbance will roll across the state on Monday, sparking up widely scattered, hit-or-miss showers and storms
- Coverage will be about 30-40%
- This is important to keep in mind: it will not be a washout for everyone, and some will miss out on the rain entirely. But, if you happen to get a thundershower, localized heavy rain with minor flooding is possible
- Overall, don’t cancel your plans, but if you do have any outdoor activities planned, have a backup option to briefly move things inside if you come across a passing shower or storm
- Large, damaging hail is NOT a concern
- Temperatures will start off in the upper 60s Monday morning before climbing into the low/mid 80s Monday afternoon
We’ll be keeping our eyes on the forecast for you! The latest updates can be found on-air, online, and on the KSAT Weather Authority App.
- Read more from the meteorologists on the Whatever the Weather page
- Download KSAT’s weather app for customized, accurate forecasts in San Antonio, South Texas or wherever you are
- Find the latest forecasts, radar and alerts on the KSAT Weather Authority page