Anchors David Sears and Ursula Pari give you a closer look at this year’s San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo and the history of the big annual event in this year’s “Let’s Rodeo San Antonio” special.
This year, several changes are being made due to the coronavirus pandemic but the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo will continue their mission of helping educate young people and families in San Antonio and Texas.
The stock show and rodeo are back in their old stomping grounds - the Joe Freeman Coliseum - for the first time since 2002.
In keeping with that theme, this year’s KSAT rodeo special takes viewers on a stroll down memory lane, going back several decades.
The special takes a closer look at rodeo history in Texas, and will feature:
- The history of the cowboy and vaqueros
- The evolution of livestock judging
- Youth rodeo bull riding and calf roping
- Behind the scenes of a horse hotel
- Plus, the beginnings of the Van de Walle family and their secret sauce served at the fajita corral, which helped raise millions of dollars for a scholarship fund.
Find more stories on our Rodeo page: