Man facing charges in West Side carjacking case
John Connors, 30, already in custody on unrelated warrant
SAN ANTONIO – John Connors, 30, is facing a charge of aggravated robbery stemming from a carjacking that happened in March outside a West side fast food restaurant.
The charge was filed against Connors Wednesday, although he has been in custody for several weeks.
An arrest warrant affidavit stated that a couple called San Antonio police March 14 and told them they were leaving Jack In The Box in the 700 block of S. Zarzamora Street when a man with a knife demanded their keys and drove off in their car.
Officers searched the area but did not find the man or the vehicle. The victims, however, remembered that they had seen the same man inside the restaurant while they were there, the affidavit stated.
Police said they obtained surveillance video from the business and aired the images on television in a Crime Stoppers segment. The affidavit stated that police later received a tip identifying Connors as the man in the pictures.
Connors already had been identified as a possible suspect in a series of other robberies, the affidavit stated.
Police said when they questioned him and showed him the surveillance photos, Connor admitted he was the man who was caught on camera and gave them additional information about the carjacking case.
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.