WINTER STORM WATCH: Businesses closing amid winter weather concerns
SAN ANTONIO – The following list details business closures for San Antonio and the surrounding areas that KSAT has been notified of. All information is subject to change.
KSAT will be updating this article throughout the week, so bookmark it on your web browser for easy reference.
Child Care closures and delays:
- Concordia Lutheran School and Child Care Center will be closed on Tuesday.
- Central Christian Childcare will be closed on Tuesday.
- First Presbyterian Church Children’s Center will be closed on Tuesday.
- Kindercare Learning Centers will be closed due to weather on Tuesday.
- "K" Street Learning Center in Somerset is closed on Tuesday.
- Parliament KinderCare will not be open on Tuesday.
- Tiny Tot Learning Center in Selma will be closed on Tuesday.
- Bizzy Bees Child Care will be closed on Tuesday.
- Kid City Preschool & Learning Centers will be closed on Tuesday.
- Nite Owl Child Care Center located on Perrin Beitel Road will be closed on Tuesday.
Businesses closures and delays:
- Sylvan Learning Centers closed Tuesday.
- The Allergy Institute of San Antonio will be closed on Tuesday.
- Southwest Research Center FCU closed Tuesday.
- Dilley Allergy & Asthma Specialists closed Tuesday.
- Allergy Institute of San Antonio closed Tuesday.
- Planned Parenthood clinics/offices will remain closed the rest of today.
- Firstmark Credit Union financial centers and offices closed Tuesday.
- Security Bank closed Tuesday.
- City of New Braunfels offices, facilities and services will be closed Tuesday
- Republic Services - no solid waste collection and recycling Tuesday. Collections will shift forward a day.
- Security Service Federal Credit Union branches in SA and surrounding areas closed Tuesday. Employes are asked to call the company weather line for updates.
- City of Schertz facilities and services closed Tuesday
- City of Alamo Heights closed Tuesday; no trash collection
- Texas Oncology Clinics closed Tuesday.
- The following imaging centers will be closed on Tuesday: Boerne Imaging Center, Huebner Imaging Center, Schertz Imaging Center, Village Drive Imaging Center, Alamo Heights Imaging Center, Southwest Imaging Center.
- The Ecumenical Center has been closed do inclement weather.
- University Health System clinics closed; University Hospital services remain open
- All ABCD Pediatrics locations will be closed today due to inclement weather.
- Southwest School of Art facilities will be closed Tuesday including classes and activities
- All Family Service Association of San Antonio locations, including The Neighborhood Place and rural offices, will be closed Tuesday.
- All Broadway Bank offices and financial centers in San Antonio, Austin and the Hill Country will be closed on Tuesday.
- Cost Plus Medical Supply closed Tuesday.
- Boeing San Antonio has suspended site operations for first and second shifts on Tuesday.
- Bexar County offices will be closed on Tuesday, January 16.
- City of Fair Oaks Ranch Offices will be closed tomorrow, January 16.
- All Medina County Offices will be closed on Tuesday.
- Terrell Hills city offices will be closed and only essential employees shall report to work. There will be no garbage collection on Tuesday. The schedule should resume with recycling on Wednesday.
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park will be closed on Tuesday.
- City of San Antonio offices and all City facilities (all Libraries, senior centers, community centers, Parks facilities, Animal Care Services shelter and Municipal Court) will be closed to the public, and only essential employees should report to work. Employees who are unsure of their essential or non-essential status should contact their supervisor.
- SAWS offices will close on Tuesday. Emergency services will still be open.
- CPS Energy’s customer service centers will be closed on Tuesday. CPS Energy’s call center will remain open and will assist customers during this period.
- San Antonio Housing Authority offices and community properties will be closed on Tuesday.
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. will close all of its San Antonio area locations on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018. This includes: Wesley Health & Wellness Center; Bishop Ernest T. Dixon, Jr. Clinic; School Based Health Center at Krueger Elementary; School Based Health Center at Schertz Elementary; and its corporate headquarters.
- All CentroMed clinics will be closed on Tuesday.
- UT Health San Antonio and its clinics will be closed in Tuesday, Jan. 16.
- VIA administrative offices will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018. Service is scheduled to operate on regular weekday schedules, as long as it is possible to do so.
- All Parent/Child Incorporated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers and Administrative Offices are closed on Tuesday January 16, 2018.
- USAA’s offices in San Antonio and Austin will be closed on Tuesday. Employees who have the ability to work from home are expected to do so.
- CafeCollege and the San Antonio Education Partnership will be closed Tuesday.
- All WellMed Clinics, IT, and Corporate Offices in the San Antonio and Austin areas will have a delayed start time of 10:00 a.m. Tuesday due to expected inclement weather.
- Planned Parenthood will not open clinics/admin offices Tuesday morning. Planned Parenthood will be monitoring the situation tomorrow morning and will determine whether to open in the afternoon.
- All YMCA locations and programs have been canceled for tomorrow, Tuesday, January 16th, because of predicted icy conditions.
- By the direction of the Joint Base San Antonio Commander, non-emergency personnel from JBSA - Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis, Lackland and Randolph are authorized to be excused from duty on Jan. 16.
- Boerne City offices will be closed Tuesday, January 16th.
- The donor rooms for the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center will open to donors at 10:30 a.m.
- Garbage and recycling collection scheduled for Tuesday, Jan 16 is canceled. The collection schedule adjusts as follows:
Monday collection moves to Wednesday
Tuesday and Wednesday collection moves to Thursday
Thursday collection moves to Friday
Friday collection moves to Saturday
DPS offices in the San Antonio area, including drivers license offices, will be closed on Tuesday. The following counties are affected: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Gonzales, Kendall, Medina, McMullen, Wilson, Karnes, Kerr.
The Texas Railroad Commission's office in San Antonio will be closed on Tuesday.
The Texas Lottery office will be closed on Tuesday.
The San Antonio Botanical Garden will be closed Tuesday.
The Red Cross' San Antonio office will be closed Tuesday.
The San Antonio Humane Society will be closed to the public all day Tuesday.
The San Antonio Area Foundation will be closed on Tuesday. All meetings, appointments and information sessions will be rescheduled.
All clinics at Audie L Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital, Kerrville Campus, Frank M. Tejeda Outpatient Clinic, North Central Federal Clinic, Data Point, Shavano Park, Balcones Heights and South Bexar Outpatient Clinic will be closed on Tuesday.
The following VA contract clinics are also closed: Northeast 410, Northwest 410, Pecan Valley, Southwest Military, New Braunfels, and Seguin.
SWBC has closed its San Antonio offices for Tuesday.
AVANCE - San Antonio will be closed due to winter weather.
The Witte Museum will not be open on Tuesday.
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.