Fire causes mailroom roof to collapse, damaging vehicle at far North Side apartment complex

Fire was called in around 5:45 a.m. in 2700 block of Treble Creek

San Antonio firefighters responded to a fire inside a mailroom at far North Side apartment complex early Monday morning.

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters responded to a fire inside a mailroom at far North Side apartment complex early Monday morning.

The fire was called in around 5:45 a.m. at the Villas at Rogers Ranch apartments in the 2700 block of Treble Creek, not far from Loop 1604.

Firefighters said when they arrived, they found the mailroom fully engulfed.

Fire officials said the roof collapsed, and that a vehicle was found in the rubble.

Authorities say no one was hurt by the fire, and that the vehicle was not involved in what sparked the flames. Firefighters said the vehicle was merely parked there and the roof fell on it after the flames took over.

According to the San Antonio Fire Department website, as many as 16 units answered the call.

The cause of the fire is not currently known.


About the Authors:

Ben Spicer is a digital journalist who works the early morning shift for KSAT.

Max Massey is the GMSA weekend anchor and a general assignments reporter. Max has been live at some of the biggest national stories out of Texas in recent years, including the Sutherland Springs shooting, Hurricane Harvey and the manhunt for the Austin bomber. Outside of work, Max follows politics and sports, especially Penn State, his alma mater.