86ºF

Electrical problem sparks fire inside West Side Subway restaurant

Firefighters stopped flames from reaching adjoining convenience store

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters say it appears an electrical problem in a soda machine sparked a fire inside a West Side Subway sandwich shop.

A police officer was the first to notice the fire inside the business, located in the 700 block of S. Acme Road.

He was responding to a ringing burglar alarm when he saw smoke inside the restaurant.

He immediately called 911, drawing nearly a dozen fire units to the scene.

Firefighters were able to knock down the fire quickly and keep it from spreading to an adjoining convenience store.

However, the store did sustain some smoke damage.

Both businesses were closed at the time and there were no injuries.


About the Authors: