SAN ANTONIO – UPDATE: Metropolitan Health has corrected a spelling error in its initial report, so the headline and article have been edited to indicate food was covered by cloth, not clothes
A taqueria in far southeast San Antonio was cited last month after a city health inspector found cloth being used to cover tortillas.
Taqueria Reyes, located in the 10500 block of U.S. 181 South, received a score of 81 and was also written up for having missing thermometers in its freezers.
The walk-in refrigerator was having difficulty staying at 45 degrees and was in need of servicing, the health report states.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- Blanco BBQ, 13259 Blanco Rd., 100
- Fattboy Burgers & Dogs, 2345 Vance Jackson, 100
- Firefly Sushi, 7700 Floyd Curl Dr., 100
- Mango’s Sports Bar, 115 General Krueger Blvd., 100
- Sizzling Wok, 17700 U.S. 281 North, 100
- Powerhouse Bakery, 4902 Golden Quail, 98
- Lulu’s Tako House, 5282 Medical Dr., 97
- Taqueria Potrillo, 7135 Somerset Rd., 97
- VN Bistro, 10003 NW Military Hwy., 97
- Perry’s Steakhouse and Grille, 15900 La Cantera Pkwy., 95
- Tacos N Salsa, 11860 Wurzbach Rd., 95
- Delicious Tamales To Go, 3520 S. New Braunfels, 94
- Tony’s Cafe, 4705 Roosevelt Ave., 91
- Grady’s BBQ, 7400 Bandera Rd., 90
- La Cavana, 2716 Commercial Ave., 90
- &-Eleven, 403 Fair Ave., 88
- Taqueria La Tapatia, 2320 Babcock Rd., 85
- Camaron Pelado Seafood Grill, 2918 W. Commerce St., 83
- Taqueria Jimador, 1106 Vance Jackson, 81
- Taqueria Reyes, 10517 181 South, 81
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.