San Antonio – Need a new mattress? How about patio furniture? Clothes? Sara Skirboll, of Retail Me Not, shares how Labor Day shopping will look different this year due to COVID-19, but also where to find the best deals.
A few trends she sees for this year’s Labor Day include an increase of online shopping, more emphasis on curbside pickup for online shopping and bigger discounts than normal. That’s because many retailers have excess inventory from over-ordering at the beginning of the pandemic.
There are five categories of deals Skirboll highlights as some of the best for Labor Day weekend:
- Cable and streaming services, like Netflix and Hulu.
- Genealogy kits, like 23andMe and Ancestry.
- Mattresses usually go on sale in the summer, so look at places like Mattress Firm and Casper.
- Patio furniture is a Labor Day staple, so look for deals at Home Depot and Lowe’s as well as Overstock.
- Clothes will be on big discounts at just about any clothing store this weekend - and don’t forget school supplies!
Skirboll’s final tip for the best way to save money this weekend is to find a coupon or promo code. You can look for a lot of them on Retail Me Not’s website - they’re free!