SAN ANTONIO - A cold rain will continue for much of the day Wednesday.
Most of South Texas, including San Antonio, will continue to see a cold rain fall on Wednesday, with temperatures in the upper 30s and low 40s. Showers will become more widespread and some rain could be heavy at times, especially Wednesday afternoon and evening.
In anticipation of some pockets of heavy rain over saturated soil, a Flash Flood Watch has been issued for a portion fof the KSAT viewing area, including Comal and Guadalupe counties. However, this does not include San Antonio or Bexar Country.
Those counties included in the Flash Flood Watch could see 2-3 inches of rain through Wednesday evening. This could cause some high water at low water crossings, as well as a little swelling of smaller creeks and streams.
The Hill Country will see temperatures hover above freezing for most of the day Wednesday, and there will only be a cold rain. However, by late evening and overnight, temperatures may dip slightly below freezing, which could lead to light, localized freezing rain (icing).
Elevated surfaces, such as bridges and overpasses, will be the most susceptible. Some isolated slick spots may develop Wednesday night, but the chance of this is low, as precipitation will be very light.
The counties most likely to get a little glaze Wednesday night are Gillespe, Northern Kerr, Northern Edwards, Sutton and Kimble.
TXDOT has pre-treated the main roadways, bridges, overpasses, etc., so if you want a shot at finding ice, it'd be best to get off the beaten path.
We'll keep you updated.
We clear out on Thursday afternoon with rising temperatures.
- Skies will stay cloudy and precipitation will continue throughout the day Wednesday
- As temperatures stay in the 30s and 40s, it will also be very cold across South Texas
- Light freezing rain may re-develop in the Hill Country late Wednesday night as temperatures dip below freezing, but impacts will be minimal as any precipitation will be light
- Light rain showers will be possible in and around San Antonio, but rain chances will be falling gradually overnight
- Low temperatures will be in the mid- to upper 30s in San Antonio
A sunny and quiet stretch of weather will settle in for the rest of the week.
WATCH: The Latest Weather Forecast
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.