SAN ANTONIO – A Mexican restaurant on the city’s West Side was ordered to be reinspected last month after health officials noted several plumbing issues.
El Maguey Mexican Grill, located in the 6700 block of Hwy. 90 West, received a score of 77 after plumbing from a hand sink was seen being drained directly onto the ground outside.
A three-compartment sink inside the establishment could not reach the proper heated temperature and it had a leak in its back room, health records show.
The restaurant was also written up for having holes above a sink in need of repair.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- El Rodeo Mexican Grill, 2525 SW Loop 410, 100
- JC Food Mart, 2023 Goliad Rd., 99
- Asia Chinese Restaurant, 8035 Culebra Rd., 98
- Kumori Sushi Restaurant, 700 East Sonterra, 96
- Mama Gumbo, 2367 Austin Hwy., 96
- Milano on Wurzbach, 11802 Wurzbach Rd., 96
- WiseGuys - A Chicago Eatery, 441 W. Nakoma Dr., 96
- Starbucks, 3100 Broadway, 96
- Cafe Rosa, 1304 Gardina St., 93
- New Somerset Food Mart, 1403 Somerset Rd., 92
- Triple S Express, 6221 Culebra Rd., 92
- Sake Cafe Sushi Bar & Grill, 19179 Blanco Rd., 91
- Chas Super Market, 1431 N. Pine St., 90
- Oasis Cafe, 210 McCullough Ave., 89
- Chili’s Grill & Bar, 11727 Bandera Rd., 88
- Great Food Mart, 9911 Fredericksburg Rd., 87
- El Taco Feliz, 420 Bandera Rd., 86
- Blue Moon Mexican Restaurant, 3228 S. Flores St., 85
- Taqueria Hacienda, 4535 Rigsby, 84
- El Maguey Mexican Grill, 6739 Hwy. 90 West, 77
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.