SAN ANTONIO – A taco place on the Southwest Side was ordered to go through a re-inspection last month after a “green fuzzy build up” on a towel had transferred to a restaurant cutting board.
Rocky’s Taco House, located in the 1300 block of Cupples Road, received a score of 79 and was also cited for having kitchen equipment with food debris and grease on it.
The establishment received an additional write up for not having a sufficient cooling technique for food items, city health records show.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Other scores this week:
- Burger King, 10903 Potranco Rd., 100
- Lemongrass Thai Restaurant, 16666 U.S. 281 North, 100
- Luciano Pizzeria, 7400 San Pedro Ave., 98
- Marble Slab Ice Creamery, 10670 Culebra Rd., 98
- Smoothie King, 10222 Huebner Rd., 98
- Grady’s BBQ, 7400 Bandera Rd., 96
- Wild Wing Station, 1533 Austin Hwy., 95
- Tacos El Rey, 1821 Castroville Rd., 94
- Palenque Grill, 15900 La Cantera Pkwy., 93
- Los Laureles Cafe, 1918 West Ave., 92
- Salsas Mexican Restaurant, 5929 Rittiman Rd., 92
- Trinity Food Mart, 202 S. Trinity St., 92
- Augie’s Barbed Wire Smokehouse, 909 Broadway, 91
- Cross Eyed Seagull, 19141 Stone Oak Pkwy., 91
- Goliad Express, 2030 Goliad Rd., 87
- Chavez Fruteria y Dulceria, 3507 Blanco Rd., 86
- El Molino Restaurant, 1703 IH 35 North, 85
- Jim’s Coffee Shop, 8211 Marbach Rd., 85
- La Michoacana Meat Market, 2107 Goliad Rd., 85
- Taqueria San Juan, 11015 Poteet Jourdanton Fwy., 81
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard, 5415 W. FM 1604 North, 80
- Rocky’s Taco House, 1302 Cupples Rd., 79
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.