SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters responded to a structure fire at an apartment complex early Monday morning.
The fire was reported just after 5 a.m. in the 3900 block of East Southcross, which located not far from Pecan Valley Drive and South W. W. White Road.
Fire officials said that more than a dozen people in roughly eight units were displaced briefly by the grease fire, which originally started in a downstairs unit. No one was hurt.
The man who lives at the home said he heard his dog barking and saw the stove on fire. Firefighters said he tried to use a fire extinguisher but it didn't work and went next door to borrow theirs, but it also didn't work. In all he tried using four fire extinguishers, the man said.
More than 10 fire units answered the call. The fire caused $75,000 worth of damage to the structure.
Red Cross wll be assisting those impacted by the fire.
This is a developing story. Stay with KSAT 12 both online and on-air for more information.