This summer has already been blazing hot, but the heat cranks up even more this weekend.
Record-setting heat is possible.
You know the drill, but just in case, here are a few reminders as this record-challenging heat arrives:
- Heat index values could reach as high as 105°-108° through Monday, prompting heat alerts for much of the area.
- You’ll want to limit your time outside and stay hydrated!
- Check on elderly people, those who are sick, as well as those who don’t have AC.
- NEVER leave children or pets unattended in vehicles.
- Cooling centers will be available across Bexar County.
While the heat will be the big story this weekend, there is also a small chance for pop-up thundershowers.
Saturday, there is a chance for a stray (10%) thundershower with a slightly better chance (20%) Sunday between 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
If you get rain, consider yourself lucky! The majority of us will simply be hot and humid!
The heat is forecast to subside some next week, with a few *small* chances for rain. However, it will still be hot and humid.