Man injured in apartment fire on South Side

Victim suffered burns on hands, smoke inhalation

Man injured in apartment fire on South Side
Man injured in apartment fire on South Side

SAN ANTONIO – A man was injured Wednesday morning when a fire sparked in his apartment on the city’s South Side.

The victim was taken to a hospital to be treated for burns on his hands and smoke inhalation, fire officials said.

The fire, which broke out around 10 a.m. in the 200 block of Clutter Avenue, is believed to have been caused by an electrical issue in the detached apartment.

Damage is estimated at $40,000.


About the Author:

David Ibañez has been managing editor of KSAT.com since the website's launch in October 2000.