Trump tells supporters to ‘go home in peace’ in video from White House following chaos at US Capitol

‘We don’t want anybody hurt,’ Trump said

Trump to supporters at Capitol Hill: 'We love you, you are very special'

President Donald Trump is asking supporters and protesters to go home following incidents of violence and groups of people entering the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday to condemn the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory over Trump.

“I know your pain, I know you’re hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone know it, especially the other side,” Trump said. “But you have to go home now.”

Twitter flagged the video by Trump in a disclaimer that reads: “This claim of election fraud is disputed, and this Tweet can’t be replied to, Retweeted, or liked due to a risk of violence.”

Police evacuated at least two buildings on Capitol Hill as protestors tore down and crossed police barriers to enter the buildings.

Trump’s video comes after President-elect Joe Biden took to social media to demand that Trump put and end to the “siege.”

The Associated Press reported that “dozens of people breached security perimeters at the Capitol and lawmakers inside the House chamber were told to put on gas masks as tear gas was fired in the Rotunda.”

In his video, Trump called for peace and respect for those in law enforcement.

“We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order,” Trump said. “We don’t want anybody hurt. It’s a very tough period of time. There has never been a time like this, where such a thing happened that they could take it away from all of us -- from me, from you, from our country.”

Trump continued by saying that the election was fraudulent and asked those in the Capitol to leave.

“This is a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So, go home. We love you. You’re very special,” Trump said. “You’ve seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil. I know how you feel, but go home and go home in peace.”

Read also:

Photos show evolution of Trump rally from protest to violence, chaos outside US Capitol

Texas lawmakers in Washington D.C. react on social media to chaos unfolding at the U.S. Capitol

Social media captures clashes between President Donald Trump’s supporters, police in election protest

‘It’s a very tense situation’: Rep. Joaquin Castro barricaded in office as protesters storm US Capitol

WATCH LIVE: ABC News coverage on chaos at U.S Capitol as protesters clash with police