SAN ANTONIO – Keeping up with the breakneck, 24-hour news cycle is hard. Even for those of us who do it for a living. In our own newsroom, we recognize that there are stories we cover in our newscasts that could use some more context, clarity, and explanation.
That’s why we created KSAT Explains in June 2020 - to allow the journalists in our newsroom to dive deeper into topics that demand more attention. The program began as an online streaming show but has evolved into an on-air segment, which you can watch every Monday at 6:30 P.M. on KSAT12.
Over the course of more than 50 episodes, we’ve covered a lot of ground. Here are some of the topics we’ve covered, just to name a few:
- What laws were passed to make Texas schools safer
- What is actually recycled in San Antonio
- What causes inflation
- How solar panels work and if they are worth the investment
- Why you shouldn’t swim in the San Antonio river
- How a gun could be removed from someone deemed to be a threat
- How the medical examiner’s office IDs unidentified remains
- What common misconceptions there are about the Latino vote
And much much more.
As we work on new episodes for the new year, we want to know what you want Explained. Do you have a question about something you’ve seen on the news? Or is there something you’re wondering about around San Antonio or South Texas?
Chances are if you have a question, others are wondering the same thing.
Let us know in the prompt below or in the comment section of this story and be sure to catch every episode’s debut by subscribing to our free newsletter.
Having issues with the prompt below? Click here.
Watch past episodes of KSAT Explains here.