SAN ANTONIO – Keeping up with the breakneck, 24-hour news cycle is hard. Even for those of use who do it for a living. In our own newsroom, we recognize that there our stories we cover in our newscasts that could use some more context, clarity and explanation.
That’s why we created KSAT Explains in June 2020 - to allow the journalists in our newsroom to dive deeper into topics that demand more attention. As a digital show, we aren’t confined to the time restraints of a typical newscast. And you, our viewers, can watch us at your convenience, any way you stream.
In the past year and a half, over the course of 42 episodes, we’ve covered a lot of ground. Here are some of the topics we’ve covered, just to name a few:
- What you need to know about protective orders in Bexar County
- The ongoing fight to preserve Los Courts
- The growing visibility of homeless encampments, debate over how to compassionately handle them
- Why it hails so often in the San Antonio area
- Why San Antonio declared racism a public health crisis
- San Antonio’s troubled mass transit history
- The history and legacy of the Bonham Exchange
- San Antonio’s deep, growing taco scene
And we’ve only just begun.
As we work on new episodes to debut in the new year, we want to know what you want explained. Do you have a question about something you’ve seen on the news? Or is there something you’re wondering about around San Antonio or South Texas.
Chances are if you have a question, others are wondering the same thing.
Let us know in the prompt below or in the comment section of this story and be sure to catch every episode’s debut by subscribing to our free newsletter.
Having issues with the prompt below? Click here.
Watch past episodes of KSAT Explains here.