San Antonio Parks and Recreation has announced that six outdoor pools will reopen beginning on Saturday.
Four pools will be open on weekdays and all six pools will be open on weekends.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols for staff and pool patrons will be followed and may change based on guidance from local health officials. The protocols include:
- Pre-registration for designated swim times to manage capacity.
- COVID screening upon entry to the pool facility.
- Masks will be required when patrons are not in the pool.
- Extra cleaning and sanitizing of common areas.
Pre-registration for swim times is required and now open at saparksandrec.com. The public will have the option to select a pool location and time slot.
Capacities will be limited. For assistance with online registration, please call 210-207-3299.
Patrons are asked to come swim-ready, as access to dressing rooms and shower facilities will not be available.
Pools open on weekdays and weekends include:
- Woodlawn Pool, 221 Alexander Ave
- Southside Lions, 3100 Hiawatha
- Heritage, 1423 S. Ellison Dr.
- Lady Bird Johnson, 10700 Nacogdoches
Hours will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Pools open on weekends only include:
- San Pedro, 2200 N. Flores
- John F. Kennedy, 3299 S. W. 28th St.
Hours will be from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays
Lap Swimming Lap swimming opportunities will be offered at Woodlawn Lake Park pool from May 11 to Sept. 24 from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., Tuesdays through Fridays.
The San Antonio Natatorium (1430 Cesar E. Chavez), a public indoor pool facility, continues to welcome swimmers for open swim, lap swim and fitness classes with pre-registration and safety protocols in place. For hours, fees, and to register for Natatorium swim times, please visit saparksandrec.com.