AUSTIN, Texas – Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, headlined the first day of the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival during a one-on-one interview with Tribune CEO Evan Smith.
You can watch the interview that occurred Thursday morning in the video player above.
Fauci, who became the face of the government response to COVID-19, is slated to retire in December after more than five decades. He served as a key adviser to seven presidents, starting with Ronald Reagan and ending with President Joe Biden.
TribFest is a three-day event in downtown Austin filled with big and bold ideas about politics, public policy and the day’s news. The event will have both virtual and in-person panels, conversations and interviews with national, state and San Antonio-area leaders.
Some other featured sessions involving San Antonio-area leaders include:
📌 Thursday, Sept. 22
📌 Friday, Sept. 23
- “Majority Report” with Congressman Joaquin Castro as a speaker
- “Previewing the 88th: Part Two” with state Sen. Pete Flores as a speaker
📌 Saturday, Sept. 24
- “The Reddening” with Congressman Tony Gonzales as a speaker (Free, In Person)
- “Down the Middle” with Congressman Henry Cuellar and former House Speaker Joe Straus as speakers (Free, In Person)
- “Keeping the Peace” with SAPD Chief William McManus as a speaker (Free, In Person)
- “Taking the Heat” with San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg as a speaker (Free, In Person)
- “Below the Line” with Julián Castro, former San Antonio mayor and secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, as a speaker
- “Stop the Bleeding” with Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar