• 2 3/4 cups Food Nanny Kamut white all-purpose flour (or 3 cups all purpose flour)
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon edible lavender
• 1 cup granulated sugar (for dipping the dough into)
• 1 teaspoon edible lavender or less for desired taste
• Parchment paper for lining the baking sheet.
In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter for 1 minute.
Add in the sugar, beat until combined.
Add the eggs and vanilla, beat scraping the sides of bowl until combined.
Stir the flour, soda and lavender together. Add slowly to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
In a small bowl measure 1 cup of granulated sugar, add ½ to 1 teaspoon edible lavender and set aside.
Get a heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll into the sugar lavender mixture and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Bake 7 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and sprinkle with a tiny bit more of the sugar/lavender mixture, let cool. The cookies will be doughy in the middle. Let them sit and cool and they will become soft and chewy. If you prefer to not have such soft cookies bake up to 10 minutes.
After cooled completely, place in freezer bags to store.