Life in quarantine: Photographer snaps portraits of families in her San Antonio neighborhood
UnHeard SA: Photographer Pamela Brodman
SAN ANTONIO – Pamela Brodman is taking a closer look at what life in quarantine is like for those in her neighborhood.
The portraits she has captured are part of a new project she started that shows how families are dealing with so much time being spent together, away from normal activities, right now.
“I started this to allow families to have a chance to get dressed, get out of the house and have some fun with it,” Brodman said.
After posting on her Alamo Ranch neighborhood Facebook page asking who would want to participate, she got inundated with responses.
So far more than 40 families have participated and another 40 are waiting to get their photos done, which are all shot using social distancing.
Brodman shoots each family from the sidewalk or yard and the families stay on their porch areas.
“It’s been amazing, getting to know them and meeting them,” Brodman said. “They just wanted to capture those moments and I was glad to be there.”
Right now, she is posting the photos on her business Facebook page but has hopes to create a coffee table book out of the photos.
Capturing families during this pandemic has become a national trend and many other photographers are doing the same.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Everything we know about the coronavirus cases in Bexar County
- Explained: San Antonio, Bexar County issue ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ order. Here’s what that means.
- Track coronavirus cases by ZIP, age in San Antonio with interactive map
- Map: Track COVID-19 cases in Texas, county-by-county updates
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- A guide to unemployment benefits for Texans laid off during coronavirus pandemic
- Map: Where San Antonio-area students can find free school meals during closures
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- ’SA Food 2 Go:’ Search nearby restaurants offering to-go, delivery around San Antonio
- Resources from World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, City of San Antonio
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.