We know that people are looking for reliable resources when it comes to preventing and preparing for the novel coronavirus, so we’ve collected a list of links to information that can help.
These links include information and advice from health and community experts, but not necessarily the latest updates on the number of cases. If you’re looking for the latest coronavirus news and updates, click here.
Preparation & Prevention
- How you can responsibly prepare for an emergency (without hoarding supplies)
- CDC urges people over 60, those with health conditions to prepare, stay near home amid coronavirus
- Know the symptoms and how to protect yourself, others from the coronavirus
- Worried you were exposed to coronavirus? Here are guidelines from University Health System
- Doctors discuss what you should know about the coronavirus
- Methodist, Baptist hospitals to screen visitors, restrict number of entrances due to coronavirus
- A guide for waiters and restaurants navigating coronavirus
- What can Texas do if a coronavirus outbreak hits?
- The surgeon general wants Americans to stop buying face masks
- Archdiocese makes changes to Communion, removes holy water from fonts amid coronavirus health emergency
- Food Bank launches coronavirus preparedness and prevention campaign
Testing & Local Resources
- Metro Health: Coronavirus test could cost up to $2,400 without insurance, but there are lower-cost options
- Metro Health opens coronavirus hotline for Bexar County residents
- Abbott: Texas can now test for coronavirus
- Want to cancel your trip? This is when you can — and can’t — get your money back
- Travel health advisories from the CDC
- Apple says it’s fine to wipe your iPhone with a Clorox wipe
- Coronavirus myths and misinformation, debunked
- Masks may actually increase your coronavirus risk if worn improperly, surgeon general warns
- Here’s how to wash your hands and why experts agree you’re not doing it right
- Will homemade hand sanitizer protect you?
- Tito’s says its vodka isn’t strong enough to be used in lieu of hand sanitizer
- Metro Health coronavirus guide and information
- Joint Base San Antonio coronavirus response
- Texas Health and Human Services coronavirus information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention coronavirus guide
- World Health Organization coronavirus guide
Have a question about the coronavirus? Ask in the prompt below.