Map: Where San Antonio-area students can find free school meals during closures
The interactive and updating map was posted, shared by NowCastSA
Schools will be closed at least through April 3 under an executive order issued by the governor Thursday.
You can find the map below or on NowCastSA’s website.
A description of the map from the nonprofit: “NOWCastSA made this map so students and families can pick up free meals while San Antonio area schools are closed for the coronavirus pandemic. Sixteen school districts are offering meals to pick up at curbside locations or at drive throughs and several are using school buses to deliver meals at stops along a route. Each pin on this map gives the hours, the address and a link to more information.You can also get directions to walk, drive or take public transportation to the site.
Here's how to find your school district's locations on your phone:
- Under the word "Map," tap this box:
- Select "Filter"
- Check the box next to your school district,
- Then tap “Map” to get to your very own map."
Check out our KSAT Kids section for more ways to keep your young ones learning while social distancing.
- How to make a basic thermometer at home, with the kids
- KSAT Kids: Be a meteorologist from home!
- 20 websites to help keep kids busy (and smart!)
- Why you’re seeing teddy bears and rainbows in windows right now
- Closure list: Schools, events, churches, sports, retailers, city services and other changes due to coronavirus
- Things to do at home while you’re social distancing
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.